I’m a creative, experienced, multi-purpose artist and art director
who can take projects start to finish in a variety of styles.

Good designs sell –
my designs sell out!

Sunday, July 14, 2019

"Electricity 2"

For idle entertainment, I did this flower over a previously rejected painting.  I took it with me when I went out for drinks with a couple of my buddies.  They're going through issues and I thought we all could lighten up.  My friends enthusiastically told me to paint more of this kind of thing.  Hmm... I pondered.  They like this, but they studied my hide and seek paintings much longer.  I put heart and soul into those paintings where the flower was just for fun.  Fun doesn't feel important (except it is).

Bro2 went back to an old job where he's appreciated and happy and has time for philosophical conversations.  Bro agreed with my friends.  He likes this painting too.  He said he can imagine someone filling a wall with my flowers.  I saidI find this ironic as he often paints over his whimsical efforts, and I like his happy paintings.  I snatched one before he finished it because I was afraid he'd paint something black and dismal over it, bleeding dragons or something.  Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black?  Bro said my brain was unloading subconscious thoughts, chakra colors... Besides, the flower wasn't hard to make so make more of them.  Maybe?  What do you think?

Our conversation led to politics, a subject on which we don't agree -- except we do in most things except for whom we actually vote.  We both value environmental issues and education.  We agree our government isn't working for us little people.  We believe in the separation of church and state.  We agree President Doofus is a narcissistic liar.

Life would be more agreeable if we stuck to our agreements, but no, we talked about guns.  Bro owns them and wants to keep them.  I don't think he's going to shoot anyone, so I don't care he has them.  I care about is psychopaths shooting up schools and children who die because their idiot parents don't practice gun safety.  I think background checks and reasonable restrictions are appropriate.  Bro thinks Democrats want to take away his guns.  My hunting relatives share his fear.  I don't think the politicians understand this is a make it or break it issue for a lot of people in my neck of the woods, and Ohio is a battleground state.  Gun control people push moderates to vote for Doofus.

At some point in our conversation, I passionately talked about the connection between prior domestic abuse and spousal murder.  Background checks can save lives.  Guns isn't my issue, but protecting people is.  I'm furious Epstein got off so easily when he was previously convicted for abusing girls.  I hope he rots in prison for the rest of his life on the current charges against him.  It's just a matter of time before we get evidence Doofus knew about, or even participated in, Epstein's pedophilia...

Bro made the point that my outrage gets in the way of making an effective argument and I'm not going to win anyone to my way of thinking with this approach.  Harrumpf.  I sputtered about how nobody cares about facts anymore.  Doofus says no collusion or obstruction a million times and people believe him despite Mueller's report citing hundreds of Russian contacts by the Doofus campaign and many, many instances of obstruction of justice...

Bro is right.  This isn't a winning approach.  We agreed gun education would be helpful in a country that's going to keep having guns whether we like it or not.  I'm thinking of painting flowers.  I'm glad Bro is at a happier job where he has time to challenge me on both art and politics.

9 comments:

  1. I won't get into the gun argument here. Will only say I don't really understand it - coming from a country where guns are very restricted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I love living in a country in with tight gun control.

      Delete
  2. I have to wonder how it feels to be in a gunless place. Whether I like it or not, the US isn't going to be like that for a long time, if ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda I'm just catching up life has been so busy. I cannot understand the gun issues either. Knife crime is bad enough in some areas but my goodness if guns were available....! On a lighter note I love your painting too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jane! Knife crime sounds horrible. See, with guns we don't have to worry about that kind of thing as much. (Inappropriately singing "Stay on the Sunny Side of Life" in my head.) I guess I'll keep painting flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a laugh about your Bro's remark of your brain unloading subconscious thoughts and chakra colours.
    It is good to talk about politics and how our societies are shaped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bro can be fun when he isn't overworked and miserable. I'm glad he's happier now and I doubt either of us is capable of not talking about politics and society :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! We need people who actually pay attention to what's going on in the world.

      Delete